Yamagata local goverment, they carry out a questionnaire about circumstances of integrated administration of a large region, included merger of self-governing bodies, to all the members of each assembly of 44 self-governing bodies in Yamagata pref. There are 44 self-governing bodies in Yamagata pref., totally there are 889 members of assemblies.
Yamagata local goverment will show a combination of merger of self-governing bodies on the basis of result of this questionnaire. However, there have never been the election that put a focus on merger of self-governing bodies. I don't think that members of a city council represents the general will of inhabitants unconditionally even if inhabitants elected members of a city council,
- As a question item of questionnaire, they prepared below for example.
- Is there necessity to examine merger?
- When you examine merger, do you examine merger by how much scale, how much range ?
- Which city, towns and villages are desirable as a target of merger?
Furthermore, Yamagata local goverment says that they make the summary in order to let argument become active, not in order to promote merger. Making such a summary in the situation that there is not an opinion to demand merger between inhabitants, it means that the nation have only to push forward merger of self-governing bodies, I think. The Ministry of Home Affairs, they directed each local goverment to make the summary shown a combination of self-governing bodies during this year. An attitude of a state seems me that they ignore inhabitants and push forward merger at first.
< Refer to ... >
- A report about the promotion of integrated administration of a large region (Yamagata local goverment) [ Japanese page ]
- Consciousness investigation of people in Yamagata prefecture about integrated administration of a large region (Yamagata local goverment) [ Japanese page ]